Tree trimming costs can vary depending on several different reasons. Hiring a Denver tree service professional to trim your tree can range anywhere from $100 – $1,000+ with $300 being the average price for most straight forward services. The size of the tree is the biggest determining factor when it comes to the cost. Smaller trees cost on average $100 and larger trees can be in the higher price range of upwards of $1,000 or more due to the number of branches and labor involved.
It’s important to keep in mind that the costs are for one tree only. If you have several trees on your property, this means the amount of labor involved could double or quadruple.
Things to Keep in Mind
- The size of your tree – The bigger the tree, the more costly it’s going to be. Larger trees have more branches that need trimming. That requires more labor and therefore more expenses.
- Where your tree is located. – If your tree is located in a difficult to reach part of your property or near a power-line, it’s going to take extra time and precautions to access your tree. This will also require more labor and additional costs.
- Number of trees.- If you need several trees on your property trimmed, it will require a significant amount of labor, which will impact the cost.
- The health of your trees. – If diseases and pests have destructed your tree, then it will require additional care to get them healthy again. You may need to pay more in costs to get them back to good health.
- Hauling away your branches. – There will often be an extra charge for the company to dispose of your branches and dead limbs.
Removing a Tree
Removal is the most expensive tree service. The reason is that cutting down a tree is labor intensive and can be a difficult process. Denver tree service professionals need to remove the tree one section at a time. They also need to haul away the tree, which is often included in the quote they provide.
Depending on the size of your tree, tree removal can cost on average $300 – $1,000+.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Hauling a way a dead tree from a difficult to reach area or even a rural area can increase the price
- Some tree companies offer onsite services that will turn your branches into mulch or turn your dead tree into firewood. This often is an additional cost.
It’s important to keep in mind that when you have your tree removed, the stump will remain unless requested as an additional cost. Stump removal in Denver requires grinding down the stump or digging it up. Price ranges for stump removal vary depending on the size of the stump, but on average the cost is anywhere from $65 – $350. Most tree professionals will include this in their quote.
DIY Tree Care
While it’s best to always hire a professional for tree care, tree trimming can often be done by property owners themselves if you have smaller trees.
Remember to always be safe when trimming your own trees. You’ll need gloves, safety glasses, work boots, and long sleeve shirts.
Using an extendable tree trimming tool, you can cut down branches. Safety precautions are highly necessary when trimming branches. You need to cautious of falling limbs and branches. Oftentimes, branches can be heavier and larger than they look.
You can also find information about tree care and tree trimming in these blog posts.
Feel free to reach out to one of our professional tree trimming specialists in Denver, CO for more information and to receive a quote!
We also offer several other services including tree removal for surrounding communities like Arvada, Wheat Ridge, Sloan Lake and Lakewood! And yes!